I grew up in the Minneapolis, majored in Accounting at University of Wisconsin – Madison, got a CPA while living in Chicago, did consulting for five years, started Life is NOYOKE in 2012.
Getting to know me in 60 seconds
I really like self-help resources; seeking them for myself and delivering them for others.
I spend a lot of my time thinking. Of that time, here’s what I’m thinking about:
- 60%: Providing for my family
- 20%: Creating useful, pleasing, and thought-provoking things.
- 10%: Worrying about people’s opinions about my actions resulting from the two above.
- 10%: Existential wanderings.
I’m constantly trying to think less and be present more. What I can to right now to make me a good (dog) dad, husband, son, uncle, or brother.
I do a daily yoga, meditation, and lifting practice, which helps.
Work things I’m most proud of
- Escaping the golden handcuffs of a good job in consulting
- Building a 7-figure for-purpose business built from scratch
- Getting 100k + views on this YouTube vid.
- Publishing 600 posts on self-help, quick-read site uncleleosblog.
Past consulting clients
Here are the past clients of mine that have had the biggest impact on my work today:
- Project management: Sherwin Williams
- Burnout: Brookdale Senior Living
- Real estate management: DDR
- Big Food’s evil ways: Kraft Foods
- Difficult client management: Blue Cross Blue Shield Michigan
- Survival on the road, owning schtick: ProLogis
- Early career opportunism: Exelon
Topics I enjoy talking about
- Work / life balance, avoiding burnout
- Finding joy in your work
- Staying productive in the smartphone era
- The right way to make big career changes
- Managing stress in a client services world
Working for the man was not for me. But since working for myself, I’ve realized that the grass is not necessarily greener. It’s about appreciating the grass you have. And that self-love is the key to success and satisfaction at every point in your career.
(Yes, I’d be interested in speaking to your group. I do one paid and one pro bono speaking engagement per month.)
ljgale at gmail
Select media clips
Lenny Gale left a CPA and consulting job in 2012 to start Life is NOYOKE, a 7-figure, for-purpose business. He and his wife are affectionately known as Mr. and Mrs. Vitamix.